After much consideration, and careful monitoring of warnings and analyses of the COVID-19 virus by government and higher education leaders, we have come to the difficult decision that we must postpone the conference until April of 2021.
We come to this decision with great reluctance, aware that most of you have already paid for travel, and that for many, funding that you might have had this year will not be available next year. Please accept our sincere apologies, and know how carefully we considered the consequences of this decision.
We are tentatively rescheduling for April 2-4, 2021, awaiting confirmation from Loyola University Chicago’s Conference Services. Everyone currently on the program will be automatically rolled over to next year. We understand that these new dates may not work for everyone, but ask that if this is the case for you that you wait to withdraw until we complete the work that needs to be done powering down this year’s conference. We will regroup and send out more information as soon as possible. We will hold registration fees and roll them over for everyone for whom the new dates work.
We are grateful for your support of FiMA2; as you know, we received many more proposals than we could accept. We are excited about the work you are all doing and proud to have had the opportunity to spend time with your ideas as we put the conference together. We hope that you can join us next year in Chicago.
Wishing good health to you and your loved ones,
Melissa Bradshaw and Sarah Cornish
with The Feminist inter/Modernist Association conference organizing committee